As Tutuka’s Senior Group accountant you’ll be working at the core of our business. You will have responsibility for completion of month end client invoicing and reconciliation of general ledger accounts for the Group. This is a diverse role which entails interaction with the various teams and divisions across the business.
Do you see yourself working closely with local as well as international teams on multiple projects? Are you always looking at ways to improve processes and systems? Do you have the ability to use your vast technical knowledge to enhance and improve internal controls?
We already have an amazing Finance team in Johannesburg who are making things happen for Tutuka and now we need you!
What you get to do:
- Completion of month end client invoicing– for both South African and international based entities
- Completion and reconciliation of general ledger accounts up to financial statements level
- Compilation of detailed monthly management account schedules and reporting
- Debtors management and collection of outstanding fees – South African and International based clients
- Assisting and overseeing monthly compilation and submission of VAT returns
- Assisting with ad hoc projects such as:
- cost savings investigations and implementing cost savings initiatives
- Identifying Process and System improvements and implementation thereof
- Internal control and management of expenses
- Review of banking processes and controls
- Assisting the BEE project team with ongoing financial input and providing information where necessary
What it takes to succeed:
- BCom Accounting +/- 10 years work experience in finance roles
- Proficient to advanced Excel skills required as well as accounting system experience. Bonus points for experience with SAGE Intacct
- Must have previous experience in a multi-currency accounting environment and be able to independently manage the books of a multi-currency entity
- Debtor management and collections. Bonus points for experience across multiple Geographies
- Expense management and in particular a keen eye on cost saving initiatives
- Management accounting including tracking actual performance vs forecasts and explaining variances, cash flow and cash needs analysis, internal ad hoc reporting
- Prior audit background would be an advantage but must have experience in working with auditors
- Knowledge of IFRS
- Good working knowledge of VAT and income tax in South Africa
- Fair working knowledge of broad based black economic empowerment regulations
- Self-starter and willing to take initiative
What you can look forward to:
At Tutuka we value making a difference to the lives of the people who work for us and who live in the communities where we operate. As values are important to us, you can look forward to working alongside fellow Tutukans, who share these values. You’ll be part of a team that is passionate about making a difference on a global scale.
We focus on building strong, diverse teams built from different backgrounds, experiences & identities.
Join the Tutuka team!
Tutuka is an award-winning global Fintech with an enterprise-level, highly scalable, highly secure financial processing system that powers tens of millions of transactions and makes it easy for people to issue, redeem and reconcile prepaid cards all over the world. We have clients in 35+ countries, team members in 30+ countries and process 1B+ USD per year in transactions.