Senior Client Executive - East and West Africa
Global Client Team · Kenya, Ghana, Nigeria Flexible Remote
Our client executives nurture our account and are key in our success, building the future of payments!
Tutuka’s technology allows millions of Visa, Mastercard, and UnionPay transactions to be processed around the world. We provide simple-to-use APIs for issuing, redeeming, and reconciling prepaid cards to help simplify the complicated world of card processing. We have offices in Johannesburg, Dubai, and Bangkok plus a remote team reaching from one side of the globe to the other. Our team is diverse and widespread but we all have a shared passion for delivering products that can change lives.
We already have a team of amazing Client Executives who work across four different continents and now we need you!
As a remotely-based Client Executive at Tutuka, you will be responsible for providing excellent service to some of our most important clients; many of whom are located throughout East and West Africa. Our main goal is to not be “just” a service provider but rather our clients’ trusted advisor when it comes to payment solutions. You will be the go-to person for a portfolio of clients and ultimately be responsible for driving a positive experience for them. This includes building a solid relationship with them from Day One, resolving all issues either independently or with the help of internal teams, and making sure that our products are being used optimally in order to maximize success for both the client and Tutuka.
What you’ll be doing:
- Establishing and maintaining strong client relationships through regular on-onsite visits, telephone/ Skype/ Zoom calls, and email communication.
- Tutuka prides itself on being quick and agile so we’ll look to you to ensure that client requests are immediately acknowledged and resolved as quickly as possible, either on your own or by coordinating with internal teams.
- You’ll be an expert on each client’s line of business, act as their strategic partner, and identify opportunities to upsell Tutuka products to ensure continuous growth in Tutuka’s transactions and revenue.
- You’ll also become an expert on payment processing and Tutuka in particular, and be able to talk about our product and technology and how they can meet clients’ needs
- In addition to supporting our clients, you’ll also work closely with our global partners (Mastercard, Visa, banks, etc), suppliers, and other partners, plus internal teams like Customer Support and Tech.
- Work alongside the New Business team during the new client rollout phase to ensure a seamless transition and positive experience for the client as they prepare to launch our product.
- You’ll act as a technical system expert able to troubleshoot and resolve any issues during the process of setting up new card programs.
- Training and educating the Support and Reconciliation teams on the specific needs of your clients
- Navigate your way through the tough conversations, negotiations, and facilitate conflict resolution when needed while keeping in mind that top-notch service is at the heart of what we do
And for this role you’ll need:
- 5+ years of relevant client support and relationship management experience supporting clients preferably in the tech vertical
- Solid understanding of East and West Africa business landscape
- Excellent English skills (written and spoken) plus native speaker in local languages
- A tech-savvy brain and the ability to understand how our products tie into payment processing
- Previous exposure to working in a quickly-changing environment and an agile mindset to navigate these change
- A strong sense of urgency and the ability to jump on client requests as they come up
- A mentality of “the customer comes first” and a willingness to go the extra mile to prove it
- An interest to work in a fast-paced fintech at the cutting edge of global payment technology
- A "ready and willing" attitude when it comes to travel¨
- Previous experience in the payment solutions vertical
- Exposure to an industry or business that runs 24/7