The Commercial Team are looking to hire a Legal Advisor who understands the importance of “Making It Right” and “Making It Easy”. Our ideal candidate is someone who is knowledgeable and passionate about law whilst understanding Tutuka’s business and the industry it operates in.
We are looking for someone with strong legal knowledge and the ability to meaningfully apply this to our business without undue disruption. We are not looking for a person that is going to implement numerous laws and processes just for legal sake.
The preferred candidate needs to have a strong commercial background – the passion for law, sharing their knowledge and mentoring team members who have the same passion in the legal space. As Legal Advisor, they would be responsible for providing accurate and timely legal advice to the Tutukan’s and key external stakeholders a variety of legal topics including but not limited to labour and employment, immigration, finance, service contracts, licensing, regulations and general operations.
What you get to do:
• Provide tailored, commercial advice as well as recommendations on legality, the lawfulness and enforceability of client agreements and documents agreements across products and jurisdictions, where applicable
• Ensure commercially and legally sound guidance and advice in respect of allocated regulatory requirements in a professional and supportive manner, always considering the potential alternatives within the rules and regulations applicable, endeavoring to find solutions to ensure lawfulness and compliance as well as the continuation of business
• Build strong relationships, especially with other colleagues in Legal and business stakeholders
• Providing legal advisory to Tutukan’s across all departments with legal related queries arising in the business
• Reviewing and drafting of employment agreements, NDA’s and independent contractor agreements
• Provide Training, upskilling and mentorship where appropriate
• Assist paralegal in reviewing all legal documentation
• Assist to develop working structures and best practice guides for use within business
• Demonstrate a thorough understanding of areas of specialisation and consider, comment, draft negotiate and give advice and guidance on documents/ agreements for the business.
• Good understanding of relevant products and services across Tutuka and assist in structuring, negotiating, and drafting legal agreements and documentation
• Exercise sound risk judgement based on practice / previous experience and ensures, legal risk management
• Have a broad understanding of key legal risks in other areas and partners with others to manage them
What it takes to succeed:
A qualified lawyer with +3-5 years of experience in commercial contracts, with excellent oral and written English communication skills. Must have the ability to work with a geographically distributed team. A pragmatic business approach to commercial contracts. A love for technology and working on various systems within the business
What you can look forward to:
At Tutuka we value making a difference to the lives of the people who work for us and who live in the communities where we operate. As values are important to us, you can look forward to working alongside fellow Tutukans, who share these values. You’ll be part of a team that is passionate about making a difference on a global scale.
We focus on building strong, diverse teams built from different backgrounds, experiences & identities.
Join the Tutuka team!
Tutuka is an award-winning global Fintech with an enterprise-level, highly scalable, highly secure financial processing system that powers tens of millions of transactions and makes it easy for people to issue, redeem and reconcile prepaid cards all over the world. We have clients in 35+ countries, team members in 30+ countries and process 1B+ USD per year in transactions.